A Day of Rest

We spent the first few days here playing and checking everything out. We did a ton of cleaning and organizing and had very little screen time. Today was not like that at all. Today the kids did as much screen time as they wanted.

It was a popular idea with the kids, and let me catch up on some rest. Turns out I'm more stressed than I had thought, and needed to think about it at 2am.
Alice is having a tough time adjusting to the sudden and unexpected change, so we are trying to figure out a new balance between schedules and free time. Spending time outside seems to be the best plan so far.

We also took a look at the wrecked boat shed over at our lot. Ouch. That's going to take some cleaning up.


Betty had wanted to make an update today, but I didn't realize that she had wanted to type it herself. She is REALLY mad at me now.

Comments

  1. I am truly jealous - I would rather be in the Shuswap than Calgary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pauline and others who will read. Miranda's pictures make it look gorgeous out there. Of couse the picture of the collapsed boat shed was a tragedy. Especially because the boat was in it. I am guessing the the grass mowing machine was in there as well. Some tears over that. The other pictures show signs of spring. i love to see the children running over the snow at the west side of their cabin. And Miranda, do your pictures just come out automatically frames by trees or are you just good at doing that?

    I read in Alice's first post that it is hard being in a new place and that she can't remember where everything is. That might be because previously she had many adults helping her figure that out, and now she might not even know where even you are, there are so few people there.

    Still I love the gift of having them outside. And the gift of electronic screens when they need to have some time alone with their own thoughts.

    Thank you so much for putting up the blog, Miranda. Every morning when I wake up, my first thought is of how happy I am that you are out there. And that Michael, Alice and Betty get out to play.

    And I loved the thought of Betty wanting to do her own typing. Even being mad about it. I guess that would be OK as long as she doesn't hit the send button. And probably OK if she does hit the send button.

    Not too many adults even know where it is.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts