I'm Bored

I'm pretty sure I've heard the words "I'm bored!" a million times in the last week. I've always known that visuals work well for my kids, but it feels like a lot of work to make them. 

Once I got started, Alice jumped in and helped me out. In fact, I think she made as many signs as I did. And it is actually surprisingly easier to draw the pictures than to print them off the computer. I think I have lower standards for my sketching ability than for the computer's supply of clip art.

I think not knowing how long we are going to be off school was the catalyst I needed to start making them. Since taking these pictures, Alice has added many, many more around the house. Some of my favorites are "Cleen Up", "Play with fake things", and "brish your teeth". She's really into it.

As of Saturday, Michael has a runny nose and a cough, so we are back to the beginning of 2 weeks of isolation. It's a good thing we have all this space to spread out.

Comments

  1. But at least you can go outside without fear of running into other folks. Where is the "make your bed" or "write a story" signs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make your bed is downstairs near the beds. We will make a new sign for writing a story to put up on the wall.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts