Isolating in the Shuswap

We are officially all sick here. Michael has a cough, but is mostly on the mend. Alice and I both have sore throats and headaches. Betty seems to have a fever, but she hasn't been very vocal about pains. She has started coughing a bit this morning.

I guess it's good that we are somewhere that we can still be outdoors, even if we aren't feeling great. The kids have designated a castle and zombie battling area near the stream. They also found the nerf guns and ammo in the garage, so hopefully no one will be put out by them playing with that stuff.

Yesterday we got the most wonderful surprise from Piper and Landon.  They left us a trail of clues that lead to a treasure chest! The first clue was "How did you get to the lake?", and as you can see, we found a note on the car! That note directed us to "Swing into action" (the rope swing by the lake). The next clue was "Yew by the stream", then "Spit the pit", "Share the ladder", and "Turn a bowl".
The treasure hunt turned into a bit of a drama when the kids decided that they had to have "turns" to find the next clue. There were tears shed by all, but after the upset they were able to finish the treasure hunt. Laynie actually called at one point to make sure we were able to figure out the clues (it was a really good meltdown).

I messed up the settings on my camera, so despite taking a bunch of photos, they didn't turn out. These were the only ones I could get any sort of edits out of.  The Treasure Chest was a shoe box filled with candy! We did an extra good tooth brushing last night after the candy.

Comments

  1. Take care of yourselves Dear ... This Covid 19 can last for a month or more ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it's Covid 19, but of course I'm not a doctor. For me, it's been really mild. I'm already pretty well over it. Hopefully we will have an uneventful spring in terms of getting sick.

      Delete
  2. Wow to the treasure hunt! Teague is another person who likes to organize treasure hunts. The clues were hard on your treasure hunt. They are hard on Teague's treasure hunts as well.

    Also, I agree with everyone who wanted to be first, but couldn't be there first because someone else got there. That is hard. If I didn't cry outloud, I would be crying inside.

    Here is a clue to having a good treasure hunt. Once you find the clue, you have to stand by and wait until everyone else finds the clue. And no pointing or showing them where the clue is, unless they ask for help.

    Also, hard, when not everyone can read.

    Glad to hear that the treasure hunt meltdown could be mitigated by a treasure chest of candy.

    Thank you for the excellent pictures, at least 2 of them. That is better than in the old days when we had a roll of film, took them in to be developed and then none worked out. We had to wait days to find out the misery of "the wrong setting", instead of finding it out in 24 hours.

    I agree with Great Grandmother Joan. I think the pandemic will last 5 months and people who get COVID sometimes have it for 22 days. I hope you don't get it. And I hope the same for all of my loved ones.

    All of us ... finding happiness where we are put. I like your kind of happiness. The designated areas of the land sound great! In fact, I was giggling inside, hoping I can find those areas on a treasure hunt when I get out there.


    ReplyDelete
  3. Was there a significant amount of time between taking the first picture and taking the second one. I notice Betty had time to do some make-up in between.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was about an hour or so, but it's just the lighting of the photo. I couldn't get it clearer than that.

      Delete
  4. Wow that was so awesome of Piper and Landon to do that for you. So much fun and such a worthwhile treasure. So sad all of the pictures didn't turn out I imagine they would have been fabulous.

    Glad to see Great Grandma Geri figured out how the link works and can make comments as well.

    Thanks so much for the FaceTime call. It was great to see all of your smiling faces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such great friends at the lake. What a wonderful surprise they set up for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts